You need to be able to describe the general structure of a neuron and a myelin sheath. The following parts are important: neuron, dendrite, myelin sheath, schwann cell, node of Ranvier, neurilemma
Read pages 408 - 411
- answer # 1-4 on page 410 - we will go over these
- Use page 409 to sketch a motor neuron and an interneuron. Fully label it and state the function of each part. Show the direction of impulse. - Hand this in.
- Go over the following notes.
- What is the difference between a glial cell and a neuron cell?
- Compare and contrast a motor neuron, sensory neuron, and interneuron.
- What is the difference between a myelinated neuron and an unmyelinated neuron.